Christmas is so near!!!
I took out my small Christmas tree and it seemed empty even with decorations on it. So, I wanted to make ornaments, which I was inspired by Pinterest posts.
Snow Globe Ornaments
First, I made this cute snow globe type of ornament inspired by…Snow Globe Ornaments DIY Tutorial – Darice. Mine is a bit different from the one I found on Pinterest.
You will need:
- A clear ornament ball (I used the one that opens in the middle to be able to easily stick the decorations on the inside.)
- Mini Christmas tree that will fit inside.
- Cute mini decorations [optional] (I used these adorable buttons!)
- Clear glitter
- Glue (I used a glue gun.)
- Crazy glue [optional]
- I chose the decoration buttons that will fit around the Christmas tree.
- I glued the top half part of the buttons onto the Christmas tree.
- Glued more buttons on the other side.
- !!! Make sure to NOT glue the bottom of the tree on the piece that overlaps the other side of the ball.
- I tilted the half side of the ball like a bowl, so that the glitter doesn’t fall everywhere. Then, carefully poured the glitter inside.
- I attached the other side of the ball. This is optional, but I super-glued the top and bottom where the two sides meets in the middle. This might prevent glitter from falling everywhere if the ball accidentally drops.
- Attached the ribbon on top
Ta-dah! It looks so much cuter in person and I think the buttons added even more character to it!
The next DIY is very quick and simple!
I was inspired by…downtimeupcycle.blogspot.com.
I took few pieces of these dried flowers I had in my room and tied it together with a cute ribbon. Put it in the ornament bulb, tie a ribbon on the top, and you’re done!
It took literally about 2 minutes!
Felt Paper Ornaments
This one was inspired by…kaboodle.com.
- Red and White felt paper. (I purchased two red ones just in case I needed more, but ended up not needing two. It will depend on the size because the ones I made were small.)
- Thick thread
- Cotton balls
- Glue gun (I wanted to sew the fabric, but to make it easier, I chose to use the glue gun.)
- Chalk or pen
- Thread and needle [optional] (I attached the leftover buttons from the first project)
Steps as shown in the photos above:
- Fold the felt paper in half and draw the shapes.
- Cut them out.
- Take the mitten shaped red piece and glue the white rectangle on top.
- Then cut out a piece of thick thread and make an upside down “U”. Glue it onto the white felt.
- Glue the other side of the red mitten on top leaving a hole on the side to put the cotton inside. After putting in the cotton, glue the side shut, and the white rectangle piece on top.
- With the white heart shape, glue the thick thread onto it. Then glue the other side of the white heart onto it, leaving a hole on the side to put in the cotton as well.
- Put the cotton inside and glue it shut.
- Do the same with the red heart.
- Glue red rectangles onto the candy cane shaped white felt. Then, cut the sides of the red rectangles to fit the shape of the candy cane.
- Glue on the thick thread on one side. This time, I glued on the cotton to the candy cane on the same side. Then, glued the other side on top.
- Lastly, I sewed on the buttons onto them.
That’s all for my DIY ornaments! I hope you enjoyed! I only had white and sky blue ornament balls on my Christmas tree, so the red pieces makes it seem more alive! 🙂
What are some of your decorations on your Christmas tree???