Today, was THE DAY I finally created my memory box!!!
A memory box, you ask?
Yes! It was on my bucket list to make my own memory box.
I had a memory box in middle school, but it was a box that my friend gave me for my birthday. It was an inside joke we had, where she wrote “my feelings” on a piece of paper and gave it to me inside of a regular box, haha.
However, time has passed now and I wanted to create one with my own touch to it.
I purchased this box from a thrift store (you can see my haul here! Thrifted Items/Clothing!) for $2.49. As you can see, the box I purchased isn’t very my choice of design. Don’t get me wrong, though, rubber ducklings are so BADA@#.
I painted it white, of course. I have this thing where I paint almost everything in my room white.
The photo on the right, is where I put all my things that I wanted to put into my memory box. I was keeping it there until I found one.
I found the letter holding thing, not being used in the living room, so I thought it would be a cute idea to hang it in my room. (The painting on the right of it, I copied the design that was on my phone case.)
So, I layered one coat of white paint on the top and waited to put another layer.
Then, I gathered small decorations that I stuck inside of my drawers and decorated the box with it!
- I glued on these 3 decorative papers onto the box.
- Cut out the camera and speech bubble from this other decorative paper. For the speech bubble, I used this white pen that I randomly found lying around. I wrote “everything’s a memory,” which is also something that you can see on the home page of my blog.
- I put the ticket on top with a washi tape.
- I was debating whether or not to rip the Alice in Wonderland page from this planner I have and I decided to include it because I wanted something that had to do with Alice in Wonderland onto my memory box, since I love the story and art of it!
- I put on this random “The tree” tag that I saved from this clothing I bought from Korea. I thought I would never use it, haha.
- The “No Boys Allowed” sticker looked cute, so I just put it on there. (I’m not trying to be sexist!)
- Finally, I put on the remember and clock sticker onto it.
I’m so glad that I found this box because the design of it is so adorable and vintage-like.
The things I have in the box are letters, tickets, and etc.
I can’t wait to put more things in here!
In a way, it’s like a time capsule, remembering the good old memories.
What was your favorite memory in life?