Today, was THE DAY I finally created my memory box!!!
A memory box, you ask?
Yes! It was on my bucket list to make my own memory box.
I had a memory box in middle school, but I wanted to create one with my own touch to it.
I purchased this box from a thrift store (you can see my haul here! Thrifted Items/Clothing!) for $2.49. As you can see, the box I purchased isn’t my choice of design. Don’t get me wrong, rubber ducklings are so BADA@#.
I painted it white, of course. I have this thing where I paint almost everything in my room white. I layered one coat of white paint on the top and waited to put another layer. Then, I gathered small decorations that I stuck inside of my drawers and decorated the box with it…
- I glued on these 3 decorative papers onto the box.
- Cut out the camera and speech bubble from this other decorative paper. For the speech bubble, I used this white pen that I randomly found lying around. I wrote “everything’s a memory,” which is also something that you can see on the home page of my blog.
- I put the ticket on top with a washi tape.
- I was debating whether or not to rip the Alice in Wonderland page from this planner I have and I decided to include it because I wanted something that had to do with Alice in Wonderland onto my memory box, since I love the story and art of it!
- I put on this random “The tree” tag that I saved from this clothing I bought from Korea. I thought I would never use it, haha.
- The “No Boys Allowed” sticker looked cute, so I just put it on there. (I’m not trying to be sexist!)
- Finally, I put on the remember and clock sticker onto it.
What I have in the box are things like letters, tickets, and etc.
I can’t wait to put more things in here! In a way, it’s like a time capsule, remembering the good old memories.
What would you put in your memory box?